Where can I Get a Copy of my Tax Return?

You can request copies of your tax returns from the Internal Revenue Service. All requests must be in writing. It is a good idea to make a copy of your returns before filing them. I once got audited, and when I asked for a copy of my return for that year the IRS mysteriously could not find it. Since then I have always made a copy before sending it in. It was a costly lesson to learn.