There are several foods that animals are sensitive food that humans partake of without issue. Please be aware that the following should probably not be given to your pets: Known Food Toxins To Dogs Fruits, Vegetables, FoodApple, Almond, Apricot, Peach, Wild Cherries, Plum, Balsam Pear, Prunes and similar fruit: Diarrhea, vomiting, abdominal pain, (Stem, Seeds and Leaves) The seeds of most fruits contain cyanide, which is poisonous to dogs as well as humans.Avocados: The fruit, pit and plant are all toxic. They can cause difficulty breathing and fluid accumulation in the chest, abdomen and heartBroccoli: reported to be pretty potent gastrointestinal irritantCherry: rapid breathing, shock, mouth inflammation, heart rate increaseChocolate: seizures, coma, hyperactivity, rapid heart beat, tremors, death. Bakers chocolate is the most dangerous. A dog can consume milk chocolate and appear to be fine because it is not as concentrated but is still very dangerous.• 1 oz per lb of body weight for (2 oz per kg) of body weight for bakers chocolate• 1 oz per 3 lbs of body weight (1 oz per 1.5 kg body weight) for semi-sweet chocolate• 1 oz per 9lbs of body weight (1 oz per 4 kg) for bakers chocolate• Please keep in mind that these are only guidelines, and if you suspect your pet had ingested chocolate, please keep an eye out for ANY signs of poisoning! Every dog reacts differently to quantity.Coffee/Tea: Drinks/Foods: containing caffeine or sugar may cause many of the same symptoms chocolate causesCooked Bones: uncooked bones should be safe but if they are cooked you should refrain because they deteriorate and easily splinter. Can cause extensive damage to internal organs and passage ways, may times resulting in death.Mushrooms: acute gastric effects, liver and kidney damage, abdominal pain, nausea, salivation, vomitingNutmeg: tremors, seizures and deathTobacco: nausea, salivation, vomiting, tachycardia (rapid heartbeat)Onion: (cats are more sensitive), gastrointestinal upset, hemolytic anemia, heinz body anemia, hemogloinria, destroys red blood cellsGrapes, Raisins, Prunes: kidney failure, as little as a single serving of grapes or raisins can kill a dog. It takes anywhere from 9 oz to 2 lbs of grapes and raisins (between .041 and 1.1 oz/kg of body weight), to cause severe vomiting and diarrhea, and possible kidney failureSalt: excessive intake can cause kidney problemsRaw Eggs- many people feed raw eggs to their dogs but keep in mind that they can contain salmonella. Dogs do have a higher immunity against salmonella poisoning but are not immune and have been reported to get it from uncooked eggs.