What Licenses do I Need to Open a Restaurant?

There are a total of six or seven (seventh is a liquor license) permits and licenses that are required to open a restaurant. If it is just licenses you are inquiring about you must apply for a business license directly through your nearest city hall. If you choose to sell liquor products in the state of Colorado you must apply for a tavern license, which gives you the ability to sell malt, vinous, and spirituous liquors to the public. As far as the entire process goes, you must apply for the following in order: EIN number, state sellers permit, local health permit, business license, payroll tax number (EDD), fictitious name statement, open bank accounts, if required by restaurant theme a liquor license.