What is CO Insurance?

Co insurance is splitting the cost of health care with your insurance carrier. Typically, co payments are used with co insurance. Rates of $5 to $20 dollars are expected per doctor’s visit, or rates of 80/20 where your insurance covers 80% of the bill and you pay the remaining 20%. 70/30 and 90/10 are the other common rates.