How to Obtain a Court Order Without a Lawyer?

You should consider getting help from a lawyer or legal aid office before you file any of your court forms. If you cannot afford to hire a private attorney, you should know that many courts have hired an attorney to give free help with child, spousal and partnersupport problems. These attorneys are called Family Law Facilitators. Although the Facilitators can’t represent eitherspouse or domestic partner in court, they can help in other ways. Many military families can also receive help from their local JAG office. In some counties, the Facilitator gives classes to help people fill out court forms. Many Facilitators also have books and other materials written about the law and the courts, and they can tell you about the other resources such as lawyer referral services, legal aid clinics, and self-help law centers in your area.