How do You Baker Act a Person?

If a person will not voluntarily be examined by a mental health professional to determine their mental health condition, you can Baker Act them. To do this, you must first go to the Court Clerk’s office, fill out the appropriate paperwork for an Order signed by the judge to mandate an officer to escort a person to a facility for a mental evaluation. Certain criteria must be met, for instance, they seem to be a danger to themselves or others and the care of themselves is in question if left alone. You can find more information here: